Los Angeles Clippers
49-23, 2nd in West
Playoff Match-Up: (7) Dallas Mavericks
Sean: Patrick Beverly
- Patrick Beverley doesn’t fear a soul on this earth. He’s constantly ready to battle and put in maximum effort on the court. If the Clippers are going to make a deep run, they’ll need Beverley to be his 100% shit-talking best.
- You will never see Beverley’s impact in a box score. However if the Clippers make it to the Finals, you can be sure you’ll hear him. Mr. 94′ has clawed his way into the NBA with grit and a fierce belief that he can outwork anybody. His defense will stick out the most and that’s exactly what the Clippers need out of him. Watch out for him on offense though as “PatBev” has been known to take and make big shots. You would never count on him for offensive production but he has proven that he can absolutely win a playoff game for your team. Teams that leave him open should be wary.
James: Patrick Beverly
- Like Marcus Smart, Patrick Beverley is the definition of old school and I love every minute of it. The grit, the grind, and the trash-talking are all elite traits he possesses.
- He isn’t just all defense and that’s the scariest part. Hitting the three-ball at 38%, vocalizing where players need to be in the offense, and keeping the morale of the team at a steady pace gets underlooked. When you look at Pat you can’t look at stats because you will misinterpret his game. As a point guard, it’s very rare to find a guy at his position doing the dirty work and the little things.
- Defensively he is in his element and the only way to avoid him is if he’s on the bench. Now if that doesn’t scream X Factor then get your eyes checked!