33-40, 8th in East
Playoff Match-Up: (1) Milwaukee Bucks
Sean: Markelle Fultz
- Former number 1 picks don’t usually find themselves as X-factors but that’s exactly what Fultz has become for the Magic. Like his team, Fultz has nothing to lose in his first round matchup with the Bucks.
- He had a nice bubble showing, averaging 12ppg and 4apg acting as a spark plug off the bench. If Fultz can provide flashes of the skill that caused him to be the number 1 pick a couple years ago, he may cause some problems for the Bucks and maybe get himself back on track to being a star.
James: Evan Fournier
- It goes without saying that Fournier is an underrated talent masked in Orlando. He’s played a huge part in Orlando’s small success in the playoffs as he’s carried the load offensively for this young Magic team.
- When we talk about Fournier we must discuss his shot IQ. Shooting 56% as a guard is something that shouldn’t be looked at lightly while shooting the three at a 39% clip, taking nearly 14 shots a game.
- I’m more confident heading into this series with Milwaukee than I was with Detroit because Fournier will get the magic going in more ways than just scoring. He’s lowkey a great passer.